The mission of the Homeland Security Advisory Committee (HSAC) is to coordinate the sustainment of current capabilities and governance over the Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) Strategy, promote whole community strategic outreach and education, provide coordination in planning, and attain a regional approach to developing and implementing multiple funding streams to support the UASI Strategy.
The committee’s efforts are guided by principles designed to foster a comprehensive, integrated, and regional all-hazard approach to homeland security that will:
- Focus on the goals and objectives of the UASI Strategic Plan that could impact the political, social, public health, and economic conditions of Franklin County and the region.
- Utilize the National Incident Management System due to the multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary nature of a response.
- Utilize grant funding, as available, to maintain and enhance current efforts.
- Ensure first responders are equipped with appropriate personal protection and communications equipment when responding to all-hazards events.
- Expand Regional Collaboration
- Implement the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and National Response Framework (NRF)
- Implement the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP)
- Strengthen Information and Collaboration
- Strengthen Interoperability
- Strengthen Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) Detection Response and Decontamination Capabilities
- Strengthen Medical Surge and Mass Prophylaxis
- Strengthen Citizen Preparedness Capabilities