The Emergency Support Function-7 Resource Management and Logistics (RML) process is responsible for organizing, identifying and coordinating resource management and logistics needs during a disaster or emergency incident in Franklin County. The overarching goal is to maximize the preservation of life through the provision of resources and coordination of logistical support.
The following overarching operational priorities will govern resource allocation and response strategies within Franklin County during an emergency or disaster:
- Saving Lives: The preservation of life is the top priority of emergency managers and first responders and takes precedence over all other considerations.
- Protecting Property: All possible efforts must be made to protect public and private property from irreparable damage.
- Protecting the Environment: All possible efforts will be made to protect the environment from damage during and after a regional emergency or disaster.
- Supporting Community and Economic Recovery: Franklin County Emergency Management and Homeland Security, jurisdictions, state government agencies, and the private sector will work with each community affected by an emergency or disaster in Franklin County to facilitate recovery activities.
The following action items will occur in support of Franklin County jurisdictions by the Resource Manager located at the Joint Emergency Operations Center during an incident:
- Provide logistical support to Franklin County jurisdictions when required or requested.
- Determine if requested resources are located within the county.
- Attempt to fulfill resource requests through existing county agency resources, known jurisdiction stocks, purchase, or contract.
- Conduct a check of vendors, suppliers, or other sources within the county and within adjacent areas to determine the availability of the needed resource.
- Determine if mutual aid sources are available.
- Determine if private sector and other sources are available.
- Determine if a county volunteer agency can fulfill the requirement.
- If the needed resource is not available within the county, contact the OEMA to request the resource.