About Ohio Responds
The Ohio Responds Volunteer Registry is the State of Ohio's online system for managing public health and medical disaster responder volunteers. The Ohio Responds Volunteer Registry site supports a variety of personnel who may be utilized during disasters; all-hazard response efforts and public health activities. It is used to register, notify, and inform willing individuals who are interested in volunteering. (Source: Ohio Responds)
FC CERT utilizes Ohio Responds as the first line of activation for larger emergencies and disasters. An example of a larger emergency is Operation Flood Fight. Smaller emergencies and disasters may be handled by the FC CERT Coordinator or a small group of volunteers making phone calls to trained and affiliated volunteers. An example of a smaller disaster could be damage assessment although the operation will depend on the size and magnitude of the disaster.
Ohio Responds is the result of the establishment and maintenance of a statewide system in the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) 5502.281.
All FC CERT volunteers are required to register with Ohio Responds. Volunteer registration checks will take place during a Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) operation to comply with ORC 5502.281. FC CERT volunteers along with any other volunteers who have not registered with Ohio Responds will register before finishing in-processing for an emergency or disaster.
The following are requirements to register:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must complete an approved training PRIOR to registering, and every 3 years after, in order to maintain Liability Protection
- Must comply with any additional training requirements of the group(s) you join.
- Must complete all required fields when filling out your volunteer profile
- Must ensure your profile is up to date at all times (contact information, license, etc.)
(Source: Ohio Responds)
Click here to register